Suit Up

It's ten o'clock on this, my second day on a diet, and I'm nauseous. This could either be the coffee or the omelet, I have yet to decide. I assume if it was the coffee, the feeling would have gone away by now, but I could be wrong. This is usually the point in a new eating regimen when I decide I was crazy to be doing this in the first place. Something about this time is different, however, and I'm determined to give it a week and see how I feel.

Several days ago I got the perfect bikini in the mail. It supports like a bra and fits like a dream. My ass has been looking really good lately, so I know I'll look good in the suit. The thing is, I want to look great in it. 

My friend and restaurant partner-in-crime has been juicing for several weeks, and not the fun kind. He looks great, he feels great, and his juices are fantastic. So yesterday I wake feeling ambitious and throw a tomato, three whole carrots, an apple, an orange, a bell pepper and half a zucchini in the blender with half a bottle of strawberry melon vitamin drink and a tablespoon of pineapple balsamic vinegar, and buzzed the heck out of it. By four in the afternoon the concoction is gone, and I am ravenous. My super healthy veggie drink amounted to less than a mere three hundred calories.

I think it's important to give myself credit for what I do well: I drink lots of water. I eat mostly whole grains. I eat lots of greens and vegetables. Dessert rarely calls to me. The bar food gets me...and if I'm really being honest, it's beer that's the problem. 

I know I can't live on just juice; I don't have a lot of willpower that way. But I can draw some lines and give myself some limits. 

Before I left the house this morning, I took one last look at that beautiful blue bikini in my drawer and thought, "Yes, I can do this." It's not going to be easy, but I can do it. Already the nausea is wearing off, and I'm looking forward to that big juicy salad for lunch.




Comments